Song Of The Day 9/13/2012: Robert Wyatt - "The Duchess"

Dovetailing on Monday's Crowdsourced Song Of The Day by Gentle Giant, in which I mentioned that I would listen to "anything with a Robert Wyatt in it": The minute I typed that phrase I couldn't stop thinking about this Wyatt solo song, which from time to time shows up in my head. Ostensibly a love song -- with some interesting caveats, and the refrain, "her secret's safe with me." A lot of cacophony in the instruments overhead, still anchored by an insistent and comforting piano line. Dang it, Stanbery, you're making me prog-curious.

Comments

Anonymous said…
Cool blog! Is your theme custom made or did you download it from somewhere? A design like yours with a few simple adjustements would really make my blog jump out. Please let me know where you got your design. Kudos
Paul Pearson said…
I used a Blogger template and made some tweaks. Can't remember the name of the template. Thanks for the note!