Crowdsourced Song Of The Day 7/20/2013: Giles, Giles & Fripp - "She Is Loaded"

Sort of paying off a debt here. Stanbery Foster submitted Giles, Giles & Fripp as an option for Crowdsourced Song Of The Day awhile back, but not long after that I started doing theme weeks, went on a little binge programming weeks in advance, and in doing so just cast all the wishes of others carelessly aside.  Now I'm caught up more or less, and I don't have a lot of good ideas for this weekend, so here. GG&F. "She Is Loaded." A bewitching mix of barbershop quartet harmonies and groovy '60s things. The word "loaded" in this song refers to the amount of cash the woman has, not a state of inebriation. The lyrics reek of Robert Fripp-brand cleverness: "I'll sue her, try to make this stick: / The fact that she is sadistic / My nose was straight 'til she kissed it / But she is loaded." It's got its charms. Thanks Stanbery!

(Note: "She Is Loaded" is not featured on the album shown in the picture, The Cheerful Insanity Of..., but it's the only big photo I could find of them. Not responsible for your mis-purchases at collegiate flea markets.)


Comments