Song Of The Day 11/26/2013: Ashley Monroe & Blake Shelton - "You Ain't Dolly (And You Ain't Porter)"

Favorite Songs Of 2013: I backslid a little on country music in 2013. I didn't even write a piece about Brad Paisley's "Accidental Racist" (good intentions that misfired horribly). I didn't even run into Little Big Town this year. I did go to Kenny Chesney's No Shoes tour, but that was on business. I'm still looking for a reason to move to Nashville. If you have any let me know. Anyway, "You Ain't Dolly (And You Ain't Porter)" was my favorite country song of the year, from arguably my favorite mainstream country album of the year, Ashley Monroe's Like A Rose. It's a duet with Blake Shelton, who proves that he can admirably handle traditional country music quite well, and that he and Miranda should drop all pretenses and record a Conway/Loretta type album of duets. I'll produce. I'd be happy to produce. Get me to Nashville and I'll go and produce it.

Comments