My favorite albums of 2014

Congratulations Annie -- you win the steak knives!
Awright, it's December 31, I'm putting this to bed. Without too much elaboration, I'm afraid. Part of the problem with committing one's self to listening to 365 new albums over the course of the year (ended up being 366) is that there's very little time to reflect on them all. I was running a gymnasium when I should have been running a think tank.

Now that this sprint is over, a big goal of mine in 2015 is to actually write about music in a more meaningful way. Production over consumption. I've proven my gluttony. You've seen the melted butter on my bib. Time to hit the treadmill. I won't cover anywhere close to 365 albums in 2015, but hopefully what I do cover will prove once and for all to that punch card machine in your Human Resources department that I'm fully qualified to produce content about music on a full-time basis.

If you have any questions about these albums I'll be around. I have an errand to run, but I'll be around.

1. St. Vincent, St. Vincent
2. In Conflict, Owen Pallett
3. Small Town Heroes, Hurray for the Riff Raff
4. Run the Jewels 2, Run the Jewels
5. Plowing Into the Field of Love, iceage
6. The Voyager,  Jenny Lewis
7. Benji, Sun Kil Moon
8. Divide and Exit, Sleaford Mods
9. Black Hours, Hamilton Leithauser
10. Beyoncé, Beyoncé
11. To Be Kind, Swans
12. They Want My Soul, Spoon
13. Please, Sondre Lerche
14. Metamodern Sounds in Country Music, Sturgill Simpson
15. More Than Any Other Day, Ought
16. Ritual In Repeat, Tennis
17. Lese Majesty, Shabazz Palaces
18. Alvvays, Alvvays
19. HEAL, Strand of Oaks
20. Atlas, Real Estate
21. Salad Days, Mac Demarco
22. From Scotland With Love, King Creosote
23. Thirty Eight, Apollo Brown
24. Syro, Aphex Twin
25. Dereconstructed, Lee Bains III & the Glory Fires
26. Into the Wide, Delta Spirit
27. Lost in the Dream, The War on Drugs
28. Platinum, Miranda Lambert
29. Emma Jean, Lee Fields & The Expressions
30. Crimson/Red, Prefab Sprout
31. Luke James, Luke James
32. I Never Learn, Lykke Li
33. The River & the Thread, Rosanne Cash
34. Say Yes to Love, Perfect Pussy
35. 1000 Forms of Fear, Sia
36. No Todo Lo Puedes Dar, Ximena Sariñana
37. Dead, Young Fathers
38. Trouble in Paradise, La Roux
39. Shattered, Reigning Sound
40. Changing Light, Mirah
41. 1989, Taylor Swift
42. Tough Love, Jessie Ware
43. pom pom, Ariel Pink
44. Sukierae, Tweedy
45. Transgender Dysphoria Blues, Against Me!
46. Brothers and Sisters of the Eternal Sun, Damien Jurado
47. Story Music, Teitur
48. Haven’t Got the Blues (Yet), Loudon Wainwright III
49. Mean Love, Sinkane
50. Seeds, TV on the Radio

296. Songs of Innocence, U2

Comments