Mixtape Of The Day 10/11/2016: She Saw You Pout


Here's the beginning of a three-part series -- actually it's more like two and a half, or three and a quarter -- of slightly below-the-radar "modern rock" music from the 1980's, kind of inspired by projections of what all the guys in The Breakfast Club started listening to after their bonding experience ended and they all had to go home and find themselves amongst the rubble of their just-decimated personas. Except for Bender, who probably got high and listened to Napalm Death. None of these songs appeared on The Breakfast Club soundtrack album because -- well, first of all, there was no Breakfast Club soundtrack album -- but also because they weren't asked. And also because some of these songs weren't done until after the movie came out. But they all fit a kind of aesthetic, somewhat. You'll figure it out. I think you'll enjoy this, even though the World Party track is actually from 1990. It's my show. I am the eyes and ears of this institution, my friends. Here's your track list.

Tracklist
PSHRG - Fuggedaboutme
Guernica - Orange and Red
Care - Flaming Sword
Howard Devoto - Rainy Season
Soft As Ghosts - Mystified
Desert Wolves - Speak To Me, Rochelle
The Chrysalids - My Heart Is Where My Home Is
PSHRG - Get the Horns
The Colour Field - Pushing Up the Daisies
Art Objects - Showing Off to Impress the Girls
The Big Supreme - Don't Walk
Deacon Blue - Real Gone Kid
The Times - I Helped Patrick McGoohan Escape
The Wild Swans - Bringing Home the Ashes
The Bluebells - I'm Falling
PSHRG - Flare Gun
The Farmer's Boys - I Think I Need Help
Pulp - Everybody's Problem*
Orange Juice - L.O.V.E.*
The Happy Family - Puritans
Jasmine Minks - Work for Nothing
The Big Dish - European Rain
The Dream Academy - The Party
PSHRG - Two Hits
The Waterboys - The Whole of the Moon
Underworld - Outskirts
The Railway Children - Brighter
The Jazz Butcher - Partytime
World Party - And I Fell Back Alone
Thomas Dolby - Airwaves
Aztec Camera - The Bugle Sounds Again

*Get it?