Mixtape: The Best of Song Of The Day, Vol. 1


All right savages. Song Of The Day's closing up shop just six weeks from today, but as is my wont when commemorative-type things are happening, I'm giving you a retrospective mixtape blowout. The Best of Song Of The Day is coming out in four 2-hour volumes, in very rough chronological order. This first one'll take you from the very beginning through July 2013, when I still didn't know what the hell I was doing. 35 great, well-loved, interesting, or completely failed (but notably so) tracks that were featured as Song Of The Day at some point. It's a thrill and a half. Enjoy.

(Volume 2 is also up if you know where to look, but I won't promote it here until I'm desperate.)

Tracklist: 
Melanie Rothman - Today is the First Day of the Rest of My Life
Prolapse - Slash/Oblique
Helen Reddy - Summer of '71
A House - I Am the Greatest
Nitro - Freight Train
Jack Kittel - Psycho
Hugh Laurie - Mystery
Jacqueline Taieb - 7:00 AM
Le Le - Breakfast
The Coolies - Bridge Over Troubled Water
Lindy Michaels - Communicable Diseases
Lena Horne & Eddie Rochester Anderson - Life's Full o' Consequences
Shaun Cassidy - Teen Dream
Alexei Sayle - 'Ullo John! Gotta New Motor? (Mr. Sweary Version)
Andre Williams - Let Me Put It In
Sexual Harrassment - Exercise Your Ass Off
Professor Elemental - I'm British
Jackson C. Frank - Blues Run the Game
Koko Taylor & Willie Dixon - Insane Asylum
Kevin Coyne - I Want My Crown
Steve Nieve - Confident Again
Dappled Cities - Holy Chord
Eunice Collins - At the Hotel
Gilda Radner - Gimme Mick
Terry Allen - Truckload of Art
The Billy Nayer Show - Hey Boy!
The Equals - Diversion
Sallie Ford & the Sound Outside - Party Kids
Philip Oakey & Giorgio Moroder - Together in Electric Dreams
Har Mar Superstar - Alone Again (Naturally)
Lenny Randle & Ballplayers - I'm a Ballplayer
Marilyn Chambers - Benihana
Mayer Hawthorne feat. Jessie Ware - Her Favorite Song
James Gandolfini - A Man Without Love (from "Romance & Cigarettes")
David Byrne - The Great Intoxication