Mixtape: My Brand Is KAOS – Shrug Festival 1994-1995



I'm doing a panel on Saturday about my time at KAOS Community Radio in Olympia, Washington, which was spread out over two time periods, 1994-95 and 2000-05. Because I've become such an expert at online marketing, I thought this would be an excellent time for some living in the past. This mixtape features a lot of the songs I played on my unformatted music show Shrug Festival during that first time period, after I'd just landed in Olympia and had no idea what was going on. In more ways than one. It's been distilled to its essence, and contains lots of wonders of audio editing, including three phone messages from Diana Arens, François, and the future. Man, were we all hammered. Enjoy.

Tracklist:
Overly Arty but Economical Intro
The Drags - I Like to Die
Killdozer - Pour Man
Harvey Sid Fisher - Mommy
New Bad Things - I Suck
Opal Foxx Quartet - Blue Exception
The Halo Benders - Don't Touch My Bikini
Excuse 17 - 're the Seniors (And We Rule the School)
Diana's Message
My Drug Hell - It's Good, But…
cub - My Chinchilla
Black Velvet Flag - Institutionalized
Tribe 8 - Frat Pig
Negativland - Announcement
Wonder Woman - Duckies
Nirvana - Frances Farmer Will Have Her Revenge on Seattle
Buttsteak - Garnishy Wages
Pansy Division - James Bondage
Kicking Giant - The Town Idiot
François' Message
Sissy Bar - Olympia Beer
Sleater-Kinney - You Ain't It
Anton LaVey - If You Were the Only Girl
Built to Spill - Big Dipper
Melvins - Magic Pig Detective
P-2017's Message
Robyn Hitchcock - I Something You
Wonderful World of Joey - What Sweet Child O' Mine Is This
Rex Daisy - Welcome Back


Comments