Mixtape: Goodbye, Seattle



This is our last week as Seattle residents. My family and I are moving back to the greater Olympia metropolitan area. In years past, normally what I'd do at this point is write a tl;dr post recounting struggles, successes and emotions that would ultimately serve to romanticize whatever place I'd be leaving. However, I'm busy packing. Besides, music compilations are my main form for communication these days. So this is my 59-minute executive report. All these songs reflect certain pertinent events, emotional and intellectual considerations over the past 13 years. As much as possible I used Seattle-area artists, but in some cases, I had to digress for the sake of the narrative. Yes, there's a narrative. Some of it you'll have to build yourself, but it's there.

Tracklist:

The U-Men - Dig It a Hole
The Jimi Hendrix Experience - Crosstown Traffic
Perry Como - Seattle
Blue Scholars - Slick Watts
Mudhoney - Overblown
Fleet Foxes - Helplessness Blues
Brandi Carlile - The Joke
The Mekons - Club Mekon
Sean Nelson - The Price of Doing Business
Heart - Straight On
Car Seat Headrest - Cute Thing
Eddie Vedder - Longing to Belong
The English Beat - Save It for Later
Tom Waits - Take One Last Look
The Posies - Everyone Moves Away
Robyn Hitchcock - Viva! Sea-Tac

Goodbye, Seattle.

Comments