Hello. I'm Paul Pearson, and I haven't been here in a while.

Hi there. My name is Paul Pearson. I run the famous blog "Paul Pearson." I'm the guy it's named after. Pretty savvy move, I say.

I haven't posted any new content since October 2022. I apologize for going radio silent. Life intervened and I was so busy I couldn't tackle all the content matters I wanted to. Most of the last -- oh, geez, 8 months -- have been spent producing various music shows for Rainier Avenue Radio and my own amusement. 

I've also been working and seeking employment at the same time. I've also taken over household duties at my residence and have been raising three children. There was also that deep-sea excavation and fake elector business. In addition, I've been buying Hall & Oates and Earth, Wind & Fire T-shirts. So you see this absence was not all in vain.

I've decided in an ever-so-timely manner to suspend further content at this URL. However, I've also decided it's time to start generating content in written form. Also, I'll be cranking out more radio shows and working on a completely new project with a trusted friend. More on that as it develops.

But for now, I thought I'd tell you where you can find my entertainment-related stuff. It's on a few outlets now, and more to be named later.

Writing

OK. First -- I'm on Medium. I expect if you're looking for more of my writing that will be where to find most of it in the future. I've just applied for the Medium Partner Program, which means there's the distant possibility that I'll get paid for this crap. At the moment there's a couple of reruns from this blog on my Medium page, but future content will be mostly all-new. 

Right now you can find my stuff at medium.com/@paulpearson. Later I may have some distribution help which I'm tickled about, but for now you can just go to that address.

I'm also still writing for Treble, though not as heavily as in years past. But we're still associates after a full 10 years. My latest pieces include a Sparks review and an Elvis Costello retrospective review which the artist thoughtfully re-tweeted. (Does that make Elvis my PR agent? Man, that guy does everything!)

Radio Shows & Audio Content

As for my radio shows and mixtapes, they're all available on my recently updated Mixcloud site. That too was idle for a bit, but now it's absolutely teeming with audio content. This includes every single episode of both my radio shows for RAR, Star Time and Whatever Gets You Thru the Night (the latter of which I've recently come out as the maker of -- yeah, the ruse became too unmanageable). It also includes a bunch of other themed projects, the latest of which is a well-received limited series called British Exceptionalism

You can access all of my Mixcloud material at www.mixcloud.com/paulpearsonseattle/. (Yeah, it still says "Seattle," even though I've lived in Tumwater for the last 5 years. It hurts.)

Star Time still airs on rainieravenueradio.world to the tune of 48 new shows a year. New episodes drop every Wednesday afternoon at 2pm Pacific. Whatever Gets You Thru the Night airs between the hours of 12 midnight and 6am at seemingly random times throughout the week.

This Blog

The blog you're reading right now will not be deleted. You can still review old Song Of The Day articles, interviews with music personalities, and whatever traumas I used to memorialize years ago. I forget what they are. If you could remind me that'd be great.

I'll never say never on keeping this blog. If everything goes south I may very well come back to it in the future. But for now, all the places listed above are where you can find my stuff. And there will be more coming, which I will announce in due course on this site.

Thanks for your support over the years. Now go outside and play. 

Love,
Paul

Comments