Song Of The Day 9/12/2013: Skalpel - "Tramwaj So Far"

Everything about today's entry is Polish. Skalpel are a two-man electronic group from Wroclaw who make very compelling music drawn from the rich tradition of Polish jazz of the '60s and '70s. I confess total lack of knowledge of the Polish jazz scene of the '60s and '70s, about which I'll now have to spend time educating myself. Skalpel I enjoy immensely. This song is played in front of a short film by Krzysztof Kieslowski, most known for his classic "Three Colors Trilogy" (Blue, White and Red) from the 1990's. This movie, Tramwaj (Tramway), was made in 1966. It concerns a guy embarking on a train and a brief fascination with one of its commuters. I don't know what it is I have about art on the subject of fleeting love on major subway systems lately, but I suppose we should go with it since they appear to be somewhat popular with you lot. Visit Poland today!


Comments

Anonymous said…
Stanley found this mesmerizing.