Song Of The Day 12/9/2013: King Krule - "Neptune Estate"


Treble asked me to write about this song as part of their feature on the Top 50 Songs of 2013. (Ooops... um, spoiler alert, this is one of Treble's Top 50 Songs of 2013.) I listened to King Krule's album 6 Feet Beneath the Moon over the summer and thought it was pretty strong. After plying through this song over the last 90 minutes, though, I think I might have underestimated it. "Neptune Estate" strikes me as a real Joycean effort. When we're talking about a 19-year-old British kid making albums in his bedroom, Joyceanism is a good thing.

I'll link you to what I wrote for Treble about this song when it gets published there. Spoiler alert #2: I like King Krule's 6 Feet Beneath the Moon better than Justin Bieber's Believe. Acoustic or electric.


Comments