Song Of The Day 3/24/2014: Dum Dum Girls - "Trouble Is My Name"


New Music: This is, as they say these days, "my jam." (They say that, don't they? They go around playing music and saying "This is my jam," right? Also do they still do the raves and the smart drugs?) There are so many good things about Dum Dum Girls that I'll drown in criticspeak if I get too far into it. One really great thing is that they're produced by Richard Gottehrer, who has been around since the dawn of time. The fact that a guy in his 70's is working on albums like Too True gives me hope for my autumnal years. "Trouble Is My Name" is probably my favorite song so far of 2014. It's stormtrooped my head at moments of extreme inconvenience. It's for the sad people, who are all alone until they meet another sad person, and then there's a lot of other decisions to be made. I'd expect the sadness doctrine would be addressed. Words can't describe how much I love this song.


Comments