Song Of The Day 7/26/2014: Engelbert Humperdinck- "Lesbian Seagull"



Fun With Spotify -- The "Appears On" Game (What This Is): This is the last round of our little game. King Dinosaur had me look up AC/DC which, if you're using Spotify as I do, presents you with an immediate thorn: AC/DC hasn't released the vast majority of their catalog to subscription services yet. None of their albums are on the service. You can buy them on iTunes, but you can't listen to them on Spotify.

In fact, there's only one AC/DC track on the whole of Spotify at the moment: "Gone Shootin'" from their underrated Powerage album -- but also on the soundtrack for the motion picture Beavis And Butt-head Do America, which I have not yet seen. After 18 years I doubt it's going to worm its way onto my bucket list. I had a surprising wealth of choices from that soundtrack to go along with this piece from the likes of Isaac Hayes, Ozzy, Southern Culture on the Skids and, if I really wanted to cash in my cred for table scraps, the Red Hot Chili Peppers' rendition of "Love Rollercoaster." However, when you're presented with the prospect of putting something called "Lesbian Seagull" by easy-listening titan Engelbert Humperdinck, you really don't have a realistic choice. You just have to put all your wheatgrass in that smoothie.

Well... maybe this isn't the pièce de résistance I envisioned three weeks ago. I suppose if it brings you one adolescent titter this morning or afternoon, it was worth it. (Huh-huh, huh-huh... I said "titter." Huh-huh, huh-huh.)

Game off. Hope you enjoyed it. I don't know what I think of it. Tomorrow we're back to things I believe I can control.

You know... forget it.

Comments