The Saturday Boy 12/13/2014: Inhabit My Cartons - Favorite Songs of 2014




This slightly longer edition of The Saturday Boy is a last loving look back at some of my favorite songs of 2014, as officially submitted by me to one of the franchisees that still requests my original writing. Good Housekeeping told me to shove it. These songs are listed in alphabetical order for my fellow OCD freaks, who should hate the following summary: There's Alvvays asking for a semi-traditional marriage, Old 97's helping you help yourself, Delta Spirit not covering what you thought they were going to cover, Sun Kil Moon singing about how much he loves his dad, La Roux sneaking in a Prince tribute while you're not looking, Prefab Sprout not helping me get over my living-in-the-past problem, and Dum Dum Girls doing my #1 favorite song of the year. Also: Tom Petty & The Heartbreakers, Jenny Lewis, St. Vincent, FREEMAN, King Creosote, Rosanne Cash, The Sugar Stems and Sloan. No Taylor Swift; she don't dig Spotify. Thanks for making The Saturday Boy a reasonable addition to your micro-lifestyle this year.

The Saturday Boy is taking the rest of the holidays off, and will return January 10 17, 2015.

Comments