Song Of The Day 9/21/2016: Del tha Funkee Homosapien – “Mistadobalina”

Because I'm insane, Mixtapes Nos. 30 and 31 are already done. The ink's barely dry on the royalty checks for The Taking Of Roger and already I've cranked out another two mixtapes. This is what the hastening of mortality does to a man: It makes him deceptively productive. Don't read too much into it.

Mixtape #30 was actually finished about two weeks ago, right in the thick of the whole Hidden '70s mess and a half. It's basically a mood piece. I won't say too much about it because the genres are a bit mixed up and it unfolds nicely. It's really nice and pretty. If I knew what the narrative was I'd call it "precipitously troubled." The final title is Reset Fever. It'll be going up October 1 and I'll promote it here October 2. Mixtape #31 is a short, mainly '90s hip hop mix which for now is provisionally titled A Short, Mainly '90s Hip Hop Mix. ("Short" in my world = about an hour.) It'll probably go up the following week. This song by Del tha Funkee Homosapien, a global hit, is in the middle of it. The primary sample in this song is from the Monkees' "Zilch," from their slyly experimental album Headquarters. It's Peter Tork repeating the title. Enjoy it. Please stop me.