Mixtape Of The Day 11/23/2016: 2nd Place Feudalists


You can tell it's almost the holidays because I'm cranking out mixtapes almost by reflex. I don't know why that is. 2nd Place Feudalists was completed in record time; I had the idea around 9pm, and two hours later it was up on Mixcloud. It's power pop, that idiom that languished in its own obscurity, from the '70s, '80s and '90s. Almost irredeemably pleasant. Just play it and let it all go.

Tracklist:
The Secrets – Radio Heart
Green – I Play the Records
The Innocents – Sooner or Later
The Keys – I Don't Wanna Cry
Pezband – Gas Grill
The Scruffs – Break the Ice
Richard X. Heyman – Falling Away
DM3 – 1 Time, 2 Times Devastated
Redd Kross – Janus, Jeanie, and George Harrison
The Rooks – Night Writer
The Shivvers – Please Stand By
Phil Seymour – Precious to Me
Richard Lloyd – Number 9
The Barracudas – I Saw My Death in a Dream Last Night
The Windbreakers – Changeless
The Toms – You Must Have Crossed My Mind
The Records – I Don't Remember Your Name
Dwight Twilley Band – Could Be Love
Sex Clark Five – Red Shift
LMNOP – Everything is Going to End
Brendan Benson – Me Just Purely
Eric Carmen – Sunrise