Song Of The Day 2/7/2017: Randy Newman – “Harps and Angels”

Well, pardner, this is it. The last regular Song Of The Day that'll ever be on this blog.

Tomorrow starts the long, agonizing crawl of the Final 50 Songs Of The Day ever, and these little chats we're having are going to take a totally different direction. I can't tell you exactly how that's going to be, but I promise you'll know what you're in for after you read the first one. I'm a little nervous about it. It's going to be one of those beautiful tightrope walks I keep hearing about in TED talks I don't really pay attention to.

I'll only say this regarding the narrative of the Final 50: I think it's what you guys want to see.

I'm pretty sure anyway. I'm basing that on fuzzy metrics, but they do show that you folks read certain types of posts more than others. Well, you're gonna get a whole bunch of 'em now -- but also because I actually want to do it, too. Just sit tight.

There are no Randy Newman songs in the Final 50, unfortunately, but since he's one of my biggest favorites ever, and this song seems eerily apropos, I'd like to give him the warmup spot.

You'll hear this again down the road, but before I trance out, thank you all for supporting Song Of The Day. See you on the other side.