Whatever Gets You Thru the Night #19



DJ Sotto Voce dreams of Cheese Nips. The dreams come precisely 42 minutes into the REM stage. Most of the Cheese Nips are represented benevolently in his dreams: They're of agreeable taste, they're the proper consistency, they help old cashews cross the street. But once in a great while, the Cheese Nips band together in callous, cold-blooded, or demented posses. They crumble en masse on deep-pile shag carpets. They bend into obscene, terrifying forms, studded in plastic. They promise a representative will be with you shortly then leave you hanging for hours. And it's those malignant versions of Cheese Nips DJ Sotto Voce remembers most.
Al Stewart - My Contemporaries
Dave Dee, Dozy, Beaky, Mick & Tich - I'm On the Up
Violent Femmes - I Held Her in My Arms
The Evaporators - I'm Going to France
Kenickie - How I Was Made
Jarvis Cocker - I Never Said I Was Deep
Stackridge - The Steam Radio Song
John Doe w. Kathleen Edwards - The Golden State
Leonard Bernstein - Clarinet Sonata, IIa. Andantino
Aimee Mann - Amateur
Cléo - Les fauves
"God Bless You Mr. Rosewater" Original Cast - Cheese Nips
BMX Bandits - Serious Drugs
Led Zeppelin - The Crunge
Elvis Costello & the Attractions - Charm School
Sharon Van Etten - Comeback Kid
The Cleaners from Venus - Lukewarm Love Song
John Wesley Harding - To Whom It May Concern



Comments